Long-term support (LTS) version of popular desktop operating system generally available on 29 April
LONDON, April 27, 2010: Canonical announced today the upcoming release of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS Desktop Edition, the latest version of the popular Linux desktop distribution, which includes three years of support through free security and maintenance updates. It will be available for free download on Thursday 29 April and will be pre-installed on a range of machines from a number of manufacturers in Summer 2010.
The desktop edition of Ubuntu 10.04 LTS will feature extensive design work, faster boot speed, social network integration, online services and the Ubuntu One Music Store.
"Ubuntu 10.04 LTS challenges the perceptions of the Linux desktop, bringing a whole new category of users to the world of Ubuntu," said Jane Silber, CEO, Canonical. "Changes like the new look and feel and the addition of a music store, layered on top of our relentless focus on delivering an intuitive and attractive user experience for new and existing Ubuntu users -- these are the bridging elements to the mainstream market that our community, our partners and our users really want. Long-term support makes Ubuntu 10.04 LTS very attractive to corporate IT as well."
New in 10.04 LTS:
Boot speed: Noticeably quicker on almost any machine and super-fast on SSD-based machines such as netbooks, which means users can speed straight to the browser for fast web access.
Social from the start: The new 'Me Menu' in Ubuntu 10.04 LTS consolidates the process of accessing and updating social networks including Facebook, Digg, Twitter and Identi.ca. The Me Menu also integrates chat channels so users can talk with friends or colleagues on Google Talk, MSN, IRC and nearly every network.
Ubuntu One: Enhanced desktop integration for the online service means files and folders can be shared and saved on the cloud more easily. Bookmark and contacts sharing has been added, speeding the move from personal computer to personal computing.
Ubuntu One Music Store: Music from the world's largest labels and greatest bands available direct to Ubuntu users through the default music player. Purchase tracks, store in Ubuntu One and share DRM-free music from one location across multiple computers and devices.
Ubuntu Software Centre 2.0: An easy way to find new software, and keep track of it once it's installed in a new, sleeker interface. Users can also single out software provided by Ubuntu, by Canonical partners or by developers who use Canonical's Launchpad Personal Package Archive (PPA) hosting service.
Ubuntu 10.04 Netbook Edition (UNE): As well as benefiting from the improvements in the Desktop Edition, netbook users will see even faster boot speeds on SSD-based devices, faster suspend/resume that will extend battery life - and the industry-leading interface for these smaller screens.
- Ubuntu will always be distributed free of charge, including enterprise versions and security updates.
- Ubuntu is available for full commercial support from Canonical Ltd. and hundreds of companies around the world.
- Ubuntu includes the best translation services and facilities accessible to people with disabilities, who only exist in the form of open source software.
- Ubuntu CDs contain only free software, we encourage the use of free software and open source software, improve it and spread.
* Gnome with plenty of new features
* Compiz Fusion (3D desktop) is enabled by default (if
equipment is capable of running Compiz). Additional effects can
be included in System / Preferences / Appearance / Visual Effects
* New applet DeskBar provides convenient access to everyday
task (searching for files, sending emails, opening web bookmarks, etc.)
* The distribution is added to the indexer Tracker, allows you to easily and quickly
find the necessary documents, photos, videos, music, etc
* Ability to quickly switch users
* Firefox contains a search wizard and install plugins
* Added the ability to dynamically configure the screen
* Added a graphical tool to configure X server
* Fully automatic printer installation
* Ability to easily install the free drivers,
requiring any relationship is not free (packet or firmware)
* Full support for read / write to NTFS partitions
* Improved system for energy
* And much more
-OS: UTB is the OS
-CPU: 700 MHz
-VIDEO: 32 MB
-RAM: 256 MB
-HDD: 6 GB (recommended 10)
Hébergeur : Fileserve
Format : ISO
Découpé avec : WinRar
Nombre de fichiers :3
Taille des fichiers : 3 X 230 M
Taille totale : 690 M[/large]Lien protect my link